Monday 4 November 2013

Don't worry. Worry is useless. I worried anyway - John Green, The fault in our stars

Today I had an interview for an internship at the local theatre. As the minutes drew closer to the dreaded human evaluation I began to get more and more nervous. I even said 'it's ok, everything's going to be ok' to myself in the mirror (which is how you know when everything is not ok. ) On my way to the theatre I began to panic, I forgot the interviewers name and the tasks I would have to do as part of my internship, so far, so good. I also grossly overestimated how long it would take to get there, so arrived outside the theatre a whole 20 minutes early, and did what any other sane person would do and walked awkwardly around the nearby housing estate to waste some of the precious minutes. The actual interview was not an 'interview' at all, but rather a group meeting with the competitors (as it turned out only three of us bothered to turn up for the three available internships, so unless I shat on the interviewers shoes or wished ill faith to his uncle, I was bound to get one.) All of my earlier apprehension seemed pointless, I almost wish the interviewer had made us complete some hunger games style challenge in order to progress in order to justify my wasted energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment