Tuesday 19 November 2013

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves - William Shakespeare

I haven't posted on here in over 2 weeks and feel I needed to write something before this becomes another one of my discontinued creative projects. I have god know's how many tumblr, twitter and pintrest accounts all with the promise of a new start, a new project, a new and improved me. I imagine the future of this project, stranger's from around the glob magically find my creative writings or thoughts and will immediately think 'Wow she's funny/talented/cool' delete according to the appropriate version of me.( This one would read poetically self deprecating and funny, just on the right side of pompous) Eventually though, as the page views go down or I get caught up in uni work or the gym or social drama or the newest death in The Game of Thrones I forget about my twitter account and the new and improved version of me. Stuck in a rut of always imagining a better life, laying the first foundations but never letting it be built upon, just hopeful starts, abandoned in the fear of mediocre finishes. (okay, maybe now I'm on the wrong side of pompous)

No comments:

Post a Comment